What’s for Dinner?
Do you ever get confused about what to have for dinner and most times end up just repeating your lunch or in most cases, nibble on some “unhealthy” snack?
I used to think I was the only one with this dilemma until I had a conversation with a couple of my friends. It turns out that we are a lot on this table.
So, here are some dinner ideas for you. Remember, just because its dinner doesn’t mean it has to be boring.
- Beef and Spaghetti Stew: Common, who doesn’t love spaghetti? This is one of my personal favorites. You can either have it separately with the stew on the side or make a spaghetti jollof. This is quite easy to make as well. If you have a well seasoned beef broth, you are good to go. Throw in the onion, seasoning cube, tomatoes, vegetables, pepper and other spices of your choice. Mix it all up with the spaghetti and viola… Yummy!
- Jollof Rice: I know my Nigerians would have come for my head if I didn’t mention our favorite dish of all time. Is a party really complete is there is no jollof? I think not. Jollof rice is also an awesome dinner idea. You can either serve this with, fried goat meat, beef, chicken or fish. It’s your call.
- Yam/Plantain and Egg Sauce: You can never go wrong with this combination. Your yam/plantain can either be fried or boiled, however you like it. Play around with your egg sauce. Add some green peas, sweet corn, nicely diced carrots, onions and tomatoes, fresh pepper, even vegetables if you want, seasoning of your choice. Bon Appetite.
- Beans Porridge: Well prepared beans porridge with a side of dodo, potato or yam can never go wrong. Most people love their beans fried in palm oil (I know I do) others just prefer the normal, no stress method. Remember to put some onions and ‘little’ crayfish so it doesn’t become over powering but like I always say, however you like it.
- Suya: oh yes, suya with a cold bowl of ijebu garri (no fit fam today). Beef suya, chicken suya, goat suya. I already know what I’m having for dinner. If you can’t make this by yourself, please locate the nearest suya spot and help yourself. Thank me later
Remember to eat your dinner on time to avoid bloating and drink a lot of water.
To be continued…